Friday, October 1, 2010

Hello October!

I can not believe it is October 1, 2010! How did that happen so fast? I saw that someone had counted down the days until Christmas on Facebook the other day. Only 84 days until Christmas...your welcome. I bet you in full panic mode now, huh? This year I actually, though I can't believe it myself, have 98% of my kids Christmas shopping done. And I didn't pay full price for any of it! I have been blessed to find all of their gifts anywhere from 50-75% off the original price! Woot! I'm sure when they get older that it will be more difficult to find their gifts on sale so early but they are all under 5, so they are usually happy with anything! But, I did stay very close to their wish list, even though it changes every day. (See Nick Jr., this is why we watch the Disney channel...no commercials with crazy toys like, moon sand and dolls that swim or cars that fly through the air. You try explaining to a dramatic four year old why the doll doesn't swim by itself...no thank you!) The only thing I have to buy is a couple of small things for The Boy for his stocking and candy. Last year we went the day after Halloween and bought Halloween candy for 50% off, hid it and put it in their stockings and they were none the wiser. So November 1st will take care of the candy for stocking part! It is finally fall here in Alabama. It only took us a month to catch up to the rest of the world but I am not complaining! It's only been 95 degrees for 6 months...that 's all! I've had the windows up and the AC off. It's so nice not to step outside and  melt like the wicked witch on The Wizard of Oz. Also in Alabama we have what is known as football season. Now, football season is a little different here in Alabama than it is in other states. People have an obsession. They dress their kids up in their favorite team's colors and take pictures and post it on Facebook and their blog.
Um, yeah...I would totally never be that crazy about the best team in the world. Hehehe! Anyway...


I am so excited it's cooler and I can actually make soup. It's just a written around here that you can't have soups or chili until the high is less than 80. Thankfully it didn't get any hotter than that so I made a really yummy potato soup and a spicy chili this week. I love this time of year. We also found out that my younger brother and his girlfriend are going to be having a little boy come January! I am so excited. I've started buying him a few things here and there. He is going to be so spoiled! My kids are excited to have another cousin they can play with. Although, I think they will be a little disappointed when they find out he can't walk, or even crawl when he's born! I guess that my brother's boxer bulldog, L.D. will have to be their playmate until baby E, gets older. L.D, according to Sweet Pea, is her favorite dog. It's also my favorite dog...because it's at their house and not mine! Anyway...I guess that all that's been happening around the Fowler Farm lately. Except, that my two younger kids are tag teaming and wrecking havoc on my mental status, but that is a completely different post! So until next time...

Blogger Templates

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya! The weather has been great, no better than great....PERFECT this week! We made potato soup this week too and we will be having some chili tonight! Yummy! Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend! ROLL TIDE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post and so proud of the mommy, daughter, wife and friend you are!!! I love this weather and pray it stays fall a little while!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment!