Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chattanooga Zoo Trip....

A few weeks ago we took a day trip to the Chattanooga Zoo. I found a great deal, via Groupon, for a year long membership to the zoo for super cheap. Included in the membership, is a list of zoo's all over the U.S. that you can either get in for free or get a deeply discounted price. So, I thought why not? Chattanooga is not terribly far away and the local zoo honors their membership and we should get in for free there. So we packed a small backpack(full of snacks, extra change of clothes, band-aids, you get the idea!) and headed out to Chattanooga. We had so much fun! It was a smaller zoo, but it was really nice! It was the middle of August, which concerned me, I was worried it would be too hot. Thankfully, though it was beautiful with a constant light breeze. We slathered the kids with sunscreen and headed into the kids second home the zoo. The good news is they didn't keep my collection of monkeys my kids. :) Here are some pics....Enjoy!
This guy was staring at us the whole time we were staring at his friends in the cage. It freaked me out when I realized he was staring at us. All I could think about was the lady who was mauled by a chimp. shudder. creepy.

They also rode the carousel while we were there. Notice Sweetie Pie holding on for dear life! She rode the whole way like this! There was NO WAY she was falling off!

This overgrown chicken(it's really a bird from Africa) would duck it's head down and pop back up right in front of the kids. Like it was playing peek-a-boo. Then it saw my husband, and stared him down.  This was followed by him(the bird not my husband!) pecking the cage trying to attack Micah! It was hilarious! The kids and I couldn't stop laughing. They are still talking about it!
They had random carvings and statue's throughout the zoo, and the kids were, for some reason,  more than willing to have their picture taken by every. single.one.  I love them!
I don't remember what they are staring at, but they look cute doing it! ;)
Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!