Thursday, April 14, 2011

The week in review..

I know the week is not up yet, but it was still been a long week. Last Saturday we worked outside in the yard. It was such a pretty day. We planted three roses bushes by our front porch and retaining wall. I can't wait for them to grow and produce some yummy smelling roses. We I picked some yellow roses, light pink roses, and some pink with yellow and white mixed in, they are going to look so great! I can't wait. We also planted some fruit trees and created a small flower bed around our mailbox(with sunflowers and morning glories). It was really fun getting outside and playing in the dirt like I was 5. Speaking of 5 year olds,( and 3 year olds and 2 year olds) it was rather warm on Saturday afternoon(almost 90)so we pulled out the garden sprinkler and the kids played in the water. They were in heaven! It made me think about our upcoming trip to the beach. So I counted the days and only....79 more days. :( Woo-hoo! The hubs and  I woke up Sunday with some serious cold issues. This resulted in a weeks worth(actually probably like 2 weeks)of clean laundry piled high in my living room floor. Eeck! It is literally a mountain of laundry. It has been a long time since I have been this behind on laundry. See, it does no good for mommy to be sick. When I am dishes are usually left until the next morning, afternoon, night. The laundry is slowly taking over your entire house and everyday you get to participate in a wonderful little game called: Laundry diving! What? You've never played laundry diving? It's where you search through a 5 foot tall mountain of clothes and search for underwear, socks, PJs, uniforms for work,  or just about anything you can think of. Because, after a week,   2weeks of laundry piled up,you are bound to find anything from toy cars, my little ponies, Barbies, or even an old diaper!(Don't ask!) This is my husband's favorite past time! Forget about baseball, it's laundry diving for him! :) But, today I am feeling much better. I am so glad because tomorrow night the kids are spending the night with Mimi and Paw and it's date night for mommy and daddy! Yes! So for now I am going to take a little hint from the little engine that could: I think I can fold and put away Mt. Laundry I think I can fold and put away Mt. Laundry, I think I can fold and put aways Mt. Laundry!!! Umm....It's not working. Stupid little engine! ;)

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!