Friday, February 24, 2012

I am not dead, although a time or two I thought I might be close...

That's right folks! We had an encounter with*dum....dum...dum...* terrible colds and bronchitis. Very flu like is this terrible cold we had. The whole family. At once. Running fevers, is terrible. It's bad enough when your babies are all running fevers but add fevers to yourself and it's 10 times worse. But, thankfully, after 4 doctors visits, 2 shots, 6 prescriptions, and 2 weeks later, we have recovered. Thank GOD!!! I am so glad. I do not like to be sick and I definitely do not like for my family to be sick. At all. Here's a quick update on everything else that's been going on. List style. Because I love a list. Seriously, I may need help for it. :)


  • I still have a lingering cough. The cough syrup the doc prescribed is terrible. Awful. Thick and Nasty! And it makes me loopy. 
  • Meds that make me loopy are not good. *like I need any help in that department* Especially, when it's just me and the kids. They like it because they get to watch endless episodes of ridiculous cartoons on Netflix. I repeat: Like I need anything else to make me more loopy....
  • I am going to do a week of Dr. Seuss crafts next week, with the kids. Then we're going to go watch the movie The Lorax. I'm may or may not be just as excited about it as they are. 
  • I made a homemade chicken pot pie for supper Monday night. After a week and a half of not cooking, it felt really good to cook. I am beyond tired of "fend for yourself" night. Beyond. 
  • I made fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, shells and cheese, homemade biscuits, and....um, and gravy. I know, heart attack on a plate. But it was so good. And in my defense, it was the first time we've had fried pork chops in about a year. 
  • I'm from Alabama for crying out loud, if I don't make fried pork chops with biscuits and gravy, at least once a year, they take your southern woman card away. 
  • What, you don't have one? Wait, what card? I have no idea what your talking about. Moving on. 
  • Publix is having an awesome sale. If you have one around you, you should totally go. I Love Publix. Dear Publix, I love you and your buy one, get one free deals. It makes me happy. Thanks to you, I am going to make not one but two lasagnas. Not one but two dishes of jumbo stuffed shells. Both with homemade spaghetti sauce. Thank you. Love, I like to think I'm Italian, but lets face it, I just like to eat Italian food, Jessica
  • I finally, found my husband the kind of waffle maker he likes. It's taken a very long 5 years, but alas, I have done it. He is not particularly fond of Belgian waffles, he like the round kind, with tiny holes. Like the waffle house. I found one, yesterday, at JCPenney. He loves me. :)
  • My son. *SIGH* is such a sneaky little stinker. Last night, he somehow, got past his father, who was watching a basketball game{His mother may or may not have been right there beside his father...this detail is not important} with a bottle of mustard. Yup, mustard. There is now a nice big yellow stain on his carpet. 
  • Did I mention he was only wearing underwear? Why is this detail important, you may ask? It's not really, but it is kinda funny. Today, I'm laughing about it. Last night....not so much. 
  • I booked a reservation for the beach today. WOO-HOO!!!!
  • I am beyond excited to be at the beach. I wish I could go right now. I just want to roll my jeans up and splash in the water. *Sigh*
  • I saw on Pinterest that you can steep two bags of tea in boiling water, dip a rag in it and clean your hard wood floors. It's suppose to make them shiny. I'm thinking about trying it. Has anyone ever actually tried this? Anyone?
  • Have you seen this commercial? It may be wrong, but I think it's hilarious. Especially, when he points at the nurse, I lose it. Every time. Look back and I'll say it again, Like I need any more help being loopy! Happy Friday!! :)



Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!