Monday, November 9, 2009

my boy turns one.....



Last Thursday my little blue caboose(name given to him by a cousin!)turned one. I can't believe that my BABY is one. When did that happen? Wow! I must say the past year has been one adventure after another! It was a year of all things new. A new house, Micah received a promotion, and of course a new(and unexpected by us, not God!)baby boy. He was such a cute little thing! He weighed 9 pounds and 4 ounces and was 20 inches long. He was bigger than the other babies in the nursery. In fact one nurse called him a bruiser of a baby. The little white t-shirts they put on them after they're born and after their daily bath was not big enough to fit him. Although somehow the nurses managed to stretch it around his tummy(and head....). He was and is such a doll. He is a mamma's boy!(not to be confused with a sissy!) He is all boy. He naturally loves cars, trains, and all things that have wheels. He loves to play ball and can magically be so in tune to the television that you have to call his name repeatedly to get his attention.(and yes I do think this is a male thing...sorry Micah but it's true! I LOVE YOU;])Anyway. I must say that I have been so blessed to have this beautiful baby boy in my life. As we go toward his next year of life, there will be things that I miss(sitting still in one place, crawling,baby food,etc. and just that fact that he's not a "baby" anymore)and even some things I won't miss.(the puking,the baby food, the bottles,the late night feedings..)I am excited about what God has in store for our family. And I am also excited about the ministry God has in store for him and his family.But there are two simple facts that remain, he is and will always be my baby boy(whether he likes it or not!)and that I will always love him! So happy birthday to my sweet little man, mommy loves you!;) until next time......JFowler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!