Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Things my children say....


Children have so many talents that I was unaware of until I had my own. Some talents come out at birth(the ability to throw up formula across the room, pee straight through a diaper,etc.)some come about when they start walking(playing in the toilet, eating out of the trash can,etc.)and most of them come out when they start talking. Today I would like to share with you some of the conversations that my husband and I have with two of circus clowns we so lovingly call our girls!
Sweetie Pie
Mommy: Sweetie pie you are 2 now! Yay you're a big girl. Do you know what that means?
Sweetie pie: ?
Mommy: That means no more paci's! Yay you're a big girl like your sister and you don't need that stinky paci anymore!!
Sweetie pie: (LAUGHS) I not a big gurl mommy!
Mommy: but you are sweetie! Give me your paci!
Sweetie pie:(running) No I NOT A BIG GURL!
Please Note: after chasing sweetie pie through the house I successfully retrieve the paci!
Sweetie Pie: (tears) I not a big gurl! I need to go to mimi and paw's house!!(And yes this is her favorite thing to say when she doesn't get what she wants!) Day 1 and Day 2 at nap time have been successful with no paci's!(I will check back in if we make it through Day 3!)
Sweet Pea
Oh, the things my oldest daughter can come up with!
Mommy, Mommy, come quick we have been captured by the mean King! His name is brother and He is trying to rule in the land of Big Sisters!

Sweet Pea: Daddy, Monsters don't poop!(hello, didn't you know that?)

Sweet Pea: Mommy?
Mommy: Yes sweet pea
Sweet Pea: I have someone I would like for you to meet!
Mommy: You do? Who is it?
Sweet Pea: Mommy meet my dog, her name is Sparky!
Sweetie Pie: BARK BARK
Mommy: Sweet Pea your sister is not a dog!
Sweet Pea: Mommy we are just pretending. She is my Sparky
Sweetie Pie: BARK BARK

And my favorite line she always tells us when something doesn't go her way: Everything is ruined! She cries and is quickly followed by her sister who copies her every move and her brother who is going to stand just close enough to make her scream at the top of her lungs! I must admit that I don't remember being so dramatic when I was a child(So of course I blame this on my husbands gene pool!)but my girls are so dramatic. I think that they would make perfect actress!(You know the good kind not the Lindsey Lohan or Britney Spears kind!) All this drama made me think of something. (Insert your own joke here!) I was thinking how God said that man(and woman)were made in His own image. Hhhmmm. Food for thought. Earlier this week I started reading the book of Jeremiah and if you read this book as if your were actually Jeremiah listening and talking to a visibly upset God, you would find that this was a very passionate book. I thought God was so passionate about His people all He wanted was for them to follow Him and turn from there evil ways. God is a passionate God. Think about it He doesn't do anything lightly. Examples are: The creation of Earth, The parting of the Red Sea, The ten commandments, The Great Flood, The virgin birth, Jesus. Sure there are so many more that I could name but it really does make you think. God is big. So I said all this to make my point, God is passionate therefore this is the reason our kids are so passionate. They were also made in His image. They are loving,kind, compassionate, beautiful,caring, and yes even passionate! So today I am thankful that I have to very passionate little girls! Until next time....JFowler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!