Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's Tuesday...so lets be random!

It's Tuesday, so lets have some random thoughts and writings, shall we?! I got this idea from Whitney over at Honey Bunches of "Oaks". Sometimes it's fun to just let stuff roll off your tongue...um, fingers?...Anyway, go check her blog out and throw your own randomness out into the blog world!

Things going through my mind today are:

  1. Lime + Salt popcorn from Orville Redenbacher's. All I have to say is I wish it came in the full size bag instead of the small bag. This stuff is so great! I didn't know how it would taste at first but, Oh mylanta, it is delish!
  2. Grocery shopping. I know crazy right? Well, maybe it's just shopping in general that I like. But I do like saving money and preparing a menu that I know my family will benefit from and enjoy. It's a joy I never thought I would have. 
  3. Homemade Laundry Detergent. I came across the recipe on Holly's blog called The Hud-sons and One Pretty Princess. It was so easy to make. It cost me right under $8.00(I got all of it at Wal-Mart) and I thought well, it cost almost that much for Gain or Tide, so I'll give a shot and if it doesn't work it's not a big deal. Well, it does work and I love it! I used 2 cups of Borax, 2 cups of Arm and Hammer Soda Wash, and one full bar of Fels Naptha soap, shaved. It took like 5 minutes to make and it's been 2 weeks and I've barely made a dent in it! I use 3 tablespoons in large loads and 1-2 in smaller loads. It smells really clean and does a great job of cleaning. So thanks Holly for the recipe! I'm saving money and I always love that!
  4. I am loving the new Train album: Save Me, San Francisco. All of the songs are really good. Totally worth the $9.99 + tax on iTunes! :)
  5. My cabbage plants, my pepper plants, and my tomato plants are so huge! They are growing wonderfully and beautifully. I can't wait to eat some cabbage!
  6. I have several wild blackberry bushes in my backyard that are starting to produce little blackberries! I am so excited. I had a few small ones in my backyard last year but this year I think they have multiplied. I am ready to make some blackberry jelly now!
  7. I love that my son is doing such a great job using the big boy potty. (Also something I never thought I would be so excited about!) Some things..ahem...are still not going in the potty that should be but hey one step at a time right! ;)
  8. I love that the Alabama community is coming together for the victims of the tornado's that came through last week. We were blessed that we didn't see any damage and that none of my family or friends lost their lives. I know so many did and I still think about them daily and say a prayer every time I see the wreckage.
  9. To be glad they caught bin Laden but also sad that he may very well be burning in Hell. God is all about love. I believe that he loved this crazy man just like he loves me. I also believe he despises the sin that was in his life and as well as the sin that creeps into my life. I do know that he died on the cross for the sins of the world, I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me but, Jesus died for him just like He died for me. He deserves to be in Hell but then again so do I. I think it's sad that Hell has gained a soul that will never be able to set foot in the gates of Heaven and into the arms of a loving Saviour.



Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring as always!! Love you my sweet daughter my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog re-vamp! Thanks so much for joining in on RTT! Be sure to link up on the RTT post! :)

    Love the pics of the babies next to and in the dryer! How clever!

    I plan on making my new laundry detergent as soon as I run out of Gain. Plus, I don't have a grater..somehow. How weird. Love Holly's blog! Who knew making our own detergent would be soooo cheap!

    Love ya! :) Love your Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment!