Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Friday!

Yay! It's Friday! I love Friday's, don't you? It's the end of a week and the beginning of relaxing, family time. It has finally gotten cold here, after all it's January! I think we dipped into the 20s last night; much colder than the 50-60s we've been having. So here's the recap of the week.


  • We've had a great week in home school. Ever busy-ever learning. We had only 1 meltdown of "Can I just do one page of work today?" I am so proud of all that my kids are eager to learn. They are a vessel, ready to be filled. It makes me take a step back and say, "What do I want them to be filled with?" Love, hope, peace, kindness, being grateful or Hate, hopelessness, bitterness, fear, strife, not thankful for the small things? Yes, they have to learn things to get them through life(it would be foolish not to) but they need even more than that, the word of God. The peace, hope, and love that comes from Him.. "Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:5-7   Even if you don't home school, you can still teach your kids the word of God. We do one memory verse a week. We say it every night before they go to bed. (Although, this week, I think we've only done it once.) Impress on their hearts the words of God. 
  • We started a new bible study in Sunday school. It's called James Mercy Triumphs. It's really insightful and I'm learning a lot. 
  • I got a hair cut yesterday. She took about 9 or 10 inches off.  My hair now drapes just past the top of my shoulders. I didn't realize how much hair I had. I mean I knew...I just forgot? Anyway... She fixed it and it looked great! Then I walked outside into the very windy day and well, you know... I hope I can get it fixed like she had it again. I think I can. It's a lot more manageable than longer hair. I am very pleased! Thank you Katie! (P.S. if you ever need your hair cut, go to Katie at Salon 2000, she does a great job!) Note to self: Fix hair and take a picture to post to facebook, since you forgot to take a picture yesterday while it was styled and lookin' good! ;)
  • Tomorrow is Operation: Clean the Kids Toys Out. Pray for me. I may or may not come out alive. There may or may not be tears. Those tears may or may not come from me. It should make for an interesting day. At least we will be getting some of the clutter out! I do love a clutter free space. Please don't ask to look at my office or my desk. I will completely deny it's mine.  And while we're at it, please don't ask to look in my cabinets. I will not let you. mkay? Okay!
  • I'm in need of a good cleaning today. Well, my house, not me. Silly....
  • Thankfully, I've been doing better with the house. So my  new year goals are going great! The house is much easier to clean when you keep it that way through the day. (I'm not OCD about it, but I am more away of the small things that should just go ahead and be done and over with.)
  • Speaking of new year goals, I've been digging deeper in the Lord's word. It is awesome to be re-discovering the awesomeness of God. It's making me a better person. A perfect person...absolutely not. I can never be. But I can be better than I was when I allow God to work in me. 
  • Speaking of new years goals,(part 3) I have been eating better and working out everyday. Well I didn't actually start exercising until this week. But I have exercised 4 days this week, which is 4 days longer than last week....or the week before that. I love that it makes me feel so much better. I feel more prepared for the day and what my kids throw at me. ( Cutting up important documents, anyone?)
  • I want to start posting one new recipe a week. It's good to stretch your "culinary talents" every once in a while. So I'm going to work on a new recipe this weekend and post pics.( I hope!)
  • Speaking of the weekend, I hope you have a wonderful one! 




Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!