Monday, January 30, 2012

Fantastically Delicious....

I have mentioned before, I want to start doing one new recipe a week. I really enjoy cooking and baking. I delight in making a satisfying meal for my family. Now, with three kids, that's not always an easy task. Sweetie Pie, is my what is that smell?...I am not eating that, child. She doesn't even like potatoes. POTATOES. It's only the best vegetable ever.  It's so versatile, you really can do just about anything with it. She gags if she thinks she smells a potato(aside from a french fry). Or ketchup. Or mustard. The only condiment she likes is bar-b-que sauce. sigh. I love her. I have no idea where she gets it from. Not her mother. ;) The boy. He loves to eat. If you can slow him down long enough, you can usually sneak something new on his plate and trick him lovingly convince him to eat it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. P.S. If it has ketchup and mustard on it, he's more likely to try it. I. Don't. Even. Know. Why do kids love ketchup so much?!  I mean, it's good on a burger and fries, but come on! Then there is Sweet Pea. She is my culinary saving grace. She will try anything once. And really, this is all we ask. Try it once, if you like, great! If you would rather poke your eye out than ever again eat what I put on you plate...at least you tried it! This is something, over the last 8 years of marriage, I have really had to work on. I would look at something, crinkle my nose up, and turn my head. I am so glad, I'm over that. For the most part.... ;) And of course, there is my husband. He will try anything once and lovingly says I'm one of the best cooks, he knows. I paid him $10 to say that.  He is my true inspiration for trying new foods. (Eating them and cooking them!). So, now that you have my life story, you have a little back ground information, I'll move on to the point. I want to start making one new recipe a week. I want to try new things and I want my kids to try new things. I decided, to start a new blog in addition to Life, Love and Laundry. The name of the blog is....
wait for it.....
.
.
.
wait for it...
.
.
.
.

Aprons and Hard Hats 


Cute, right? Why Aprons and Hard Hats? Because, apparently, I am a bit dangerous in the kitchen. I do not admit to anything. What's that big scar on your arm, you say? I have no memory of almost dropping a fully baked cake on the floor, only to catch it with my bare arm. No clue, what your talking about. I also did not take this incredibly cute picture of my kids while they were baking with me one day. They're such comedians. They are looking cute with their aprons on....and their hard hats. 
Cute, right? P.S. At least two of them are looking at the camera...It's a miracle!


So, I'm going to try really hard to complete one new post a week over at apronsandhardhats.blogspot.com
I really hope you join me on my documentation of new recipes. I hope to have enough recipes to print my own "cookbook"(you know the blog to book prints) at the end of the year. I think it will be a lot of fun for my family to have a copy of all of my successful....or as some cases may be...unsuccessful recipes. So head over to the new place and start following me. It will be simply delightful! :)


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!