Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Feeling Overwhelmed? Have no fear God is here!






Today is Tuesday! I'm linking up with the Time Warp Wife for some Titus 2sday fun!

Have you ever felt overwhelmed? Of course you have! If you haven't you {might} just be lying! It's so easy to become overwhelmed in today's society. You have to keep up with Facebook, Pinterest, Blogger, the news, celebrity gossip, church activities, school activities, extra curricular activities, work, house work, home school, play dates, your favorite TV shows, and the list goes on and on and on. The last time I checked there are still only 24 hours in a day and still only one you. How do you keep up with everything and keep your sanity in check? Well, the answer is: YOU CAN'T. I'm not big on being negative. But, there comes a time you have to say I can't do it all.  You would think the answer would involve some complex equation. It doesn't. Just say NO! Change your priorities.  Tell your kids, pick one activity or sport, that's all we doing. Be the parent, your still allowed to control your children's schedule. Is Pinterest and Facebook more important than time spent with your spouse? Is keeping up with the latest celebrity gossip columnist really more important than making a home cooked meal for your family? Is watching your favorite TV show more important than spending time in God's word? When we step back and put our priorities in order, our time falls into our purpose. It falls into the appropriate place it needs to be. In my life, I try to put:
                                         God First, Husband Second, Children Third

I admit, it doesn't always look like that. Especially when life takes hold of you, instead of allowing God to take hold of your life. I read a blog post called I'm Maxed Out by Courtney at Women Living Well. It spoke volumes to my spirit today. She spoke about Michelle Duggar being overwhelmed around child number 7. I have 3 that I home school, I can't imagine four much less seven or seventeen, for that matter. She was overwhelmed! {Can you imagine?!} She cried out to the Lord that she couldn't do it anymore. The verse He brought to her spirit was 2 Corinthians 12:9. {I added 10 also, because it spoke to me!}

" ...My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecution, in difficulties, For when I am weak, then I am strong."

So today, boast that you can't do it. That you alone can do nothing. But with Christ, you have more than enough strength to carry through. Set God first, seek him, tell him your weak and can't complete all the tasks ahead of you. His power will rest on you and you will be made strong. So have no fear, God is here!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct  your paths. {Proverbs 3:5-6}

Many Blessings,

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!