Friday, June 24, 2011

What do Strep, Chicken Pox, and Cookies have in common?

Absolutely nothing, except that they have all happened in the past 3 days. In my house. It started with Sweetie Pie, a fever, and a soar throat on Tuesday. On Tuesday afternoon, a diagnosis was given of Strep Throat. Yay! NOT! Then came Wednesday, it started with itchy spots and a low grade fever. The day ended with a diagnosis of Chicken Pox because of the chicken pox booster shot Sweet Pea received approximately 2.5 weeks ago. Yay again! Wait, what? No. What is not happy? would be the proper answer Alex. Thankyouverymuch. So within 24 hours we have fevers, strep, and pox all rolling around the Fowler house and mama having a migraine on top of it. Thank God, for Mr. Wonderful who took a sick day at work and took Sweet Pea to the doctor and took care of those who couldn't take care of themselves. Me included. So what better to do with a migraine hangover, a kid with strep and a kid with chicken pox? Why make non-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies, of course. The Mr. was called back into work that night for a few hours, and Mimi came over to help with baths, since I was still feeling a Little puny. It ended up that Mimi took the boy to spend the night since he was strep-chicken pox-fever free. That was until the following morning. He woke up with a low grade and about 7 spots on him. Yeah. He also has several little bumps under the skin that you can see if the light hits him just right, and you can feel them. So here we are, sitting in the house. Doing laundry and spraying the kids down with Lysol everywhere. But, the oatmeal cookies made my babies happy and my husband. Did I mention they are so good? I didn't well, they are so good. And super easy to make. HERE is the original recipe. I followed it the way it's written. Except I may have added a little more vanilla, because well I love vanilla. So here's some pictures. Enjoy!


































Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Those are Jeremy's favorite cookies. We call them No-bakes. :) And we add chocolate.

    I'm sorry your babies are sick. :( I hope they get better soon! {And I recommend having tonsils removed! I was stricken with strep throat at least 5-6 times a year until I had my taken out last year!}

    ReplyDelete

Show some love, leave a comment!