Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Holidays

The Holidays. I love the Holidays! This time of year is one of my favorite times. One of the most anticipating times. I wait patiently all year for Thanksgiving. It represents a time of family, friends, worship of my Saviour. A spirit of giving and love are so profound, that it makes my heart swell with love and giving, more than any other time of the year. I am so thankful for the many different blessings in my life. My family, that seems to be growing all the time.(Extended family that is...) New sisters, new nieces and nephews. It makes me so proud to be a part of their lives. I love how Thanksgiving is a time where it's all about family. There is no pressure to give anyone a certain gift. It's a time where eating is king and fellowship is queen. We dwell in the royalty of what Thanksgiving is really about. Thanksgiving ushers in Christmas. The tree goes up, gifts get wrapped, Christmas music is never turned off the radio and we worship our King. It's true, we can get caught up in the hustle and bustle of being here and there, with so and so's gift, and don't forget that plate of food. But, if we just slow down and take in the small things, then we realize what Christmas is all about. The birth of a King born in a manger. Without him, we would have nothing. He is the reason my kids eyes light up when they see Christmas lights on a drive around the neighborhood. He is the reason I love quite nights with my husband while drinking coffee and talking about everything and nothing in the warmth of this beautiful home He has blessed us with. It's such a cliche saying but, He really is the reason for the season. As I enjoy the ever growing anticipation of Thanksgiving and Christmas, my prayer is that it would come slowly. That I would be able to look around and absorb every single blessing that is in my life. The laughter that comes from my parent's dining room table at Thanksgiving, when the whole family is together. The memories that come from a familiar dish or a certain smell. That I would not rush the putting up of the tree. If it takes all night for little hands to put ornaments on the tree, then so be it. Because, their hands will only be little once, why rush it? To remember the reading of the Christmas Story that Micah's grandaddy reads every year on Christmas Eve. The true reason. My prayer for you is to slow down, take it all in, and remember the good things you have and be thankful, because the holidays only come around once a year. :)


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

1 comment:

Show some love, leave a comment!