Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Update #....Um, Yeah I lost count

Whew....Life is what happens in between blogs. And boy, oh boy life has been busy. Here's a short, medium, long update, since it's been almost a month since I last updated. Reason number one million I haven't updated: Home school. Home school has been going great. We have our "bad" days which really aren't that bad. They just consist of Sweetie Pie chasing The Boy and The Boy chasing Sweetie Pie all while Sweet Pea is trying to guess what sound a letter makes. Guess what sound a letter makes. She has known what every letter says for a gazillion years! At these times, I think why did I want to home school again? Then, there are the rest of the days. The days when, by the grace of God, the two younger ones are being quiet. ( Doing color pages or building blocks, etc.) When Sweet Pea started reading. All by herself. It was the best feeling in the entire world. My baby is reading and I taught her. It really makes me proud of her. She is so smart and loves to read and learn. She is a whiz at math. Loves it! It's days like that, that make me so incredibly happy to be home schooling. Not to mention, the freedom we have. We can home school morning, noon, and/or night. And it's OK! I love it!
Reason number one million and one: Laundry. I loathe laundry. I love for it to be clean. I love for it to be put away. Number of times that actually happens in a month: maybe 3, if, it's a "Super Mom" week. It doesn't happen a lot, but when it does...I really feel like a "Super Mom". But let me tell ya, if I were "Super Mom", Laundry would be my kryptonite! I see dirty laundry in a basket and immediately want to cry. So, instead of wasting tears on such a vicious cycle, I close my eyes and eat a hidden Reese cup and all is back to normal! :) Reason number one million and two:  Shopping! Well, not real shopping, grocery shopping. Which really takes some time. Family of 5 + Budget = lots of stores with sales and coupons. :) And no, I'm not an Extreme Couponing maniac. Most of the time! I don't take 40 hours a week to put together my coupon trips because well I have a life. See reasons one million and one through two. I do like to save money and shop the sales. On a side note: I bought candy for 50% off at Wal-Mart yesterday! Woo-hoo! I put the chocolate in the freezer ( with instructions to the hubs: do not eat!) and into the stockings they go at Christmas! The kids: none the wiser with a sugar high on Christmas morning! :)
PINTEREST. If you haven't tried it. You should. Like yesterday. It is so awesome. They have crafts, food. house stuff, cleaning secrets, you name it, they have it! I found a recipe for Homemade Butterfingers. And Oh. My. Goodness. They are so good and taste just like the real thing. Sigh. I have found so many gift ideas for Christmas. I can't wait to try them out! If you want visit my boards and follow me at http://pinterest.com/fowlerlady/ You will have so much fun! Trust me!
Well I guess that's really the only reasons I have. They are good reasons. Oh, and Netflix added the Vampire Diaries to the instant viewing list! We had never watched it and now we are hooked. It's a really great story. Not for kids, obviously, but very good. Anyway, I just cleaned 1/2 my house and my kids have just re-destroyed the half I cleaned. Sigh. Why? As Sweet Pea said last week when I asked her are you trying to make me crazy? Yes, Yes we are.  :) And so goes life! Have a great day!



Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

2 comments:

Show some love, leave a comment!