Friday, August 12, 2011

The Weekend

The weekend. Are there 2 words that you love more after a long week? Probably not! ;) I've been a stay at home mommy for a little over 5 years now and I still love the weekends. I get that extra set of hands from my hubby for over 48 hours straight. It's awesome. And yes, stay at home mom's work. Contrary to what some believe. I kinda feel like I have to defend myself against working moms, like they look down on me.

They probably don't.

I'm probably paranoid.


Moving on.

I love my job. I love spending time with my kids, teaching them, playing with them, or doing absolutely nothing but watching endless episodes of Phineas and Ferb. (Which, by the way, I think we need to take a break from because my boy told me yesterday, "You are SO busted, Mommy!!" Um, yeah. ) The point is, I enjoy the weekends. I think this weekend we have very little going on. That's nice, to do absolutely nothing unless you want to. We do have an early Vet appointment for our dog, Corndog.

Oh! Corndog!

I forgot to post about him. He's so cute. He's a weeny dog.  He's hyper and loving and will lick you right in the mouth if you're not careful. I'll do a post on him soon complete with pictures. (Note to self: upload pics from camera to computer and do a post on Corndog!)

Anyway, after that I think I'm going to do some baking. We're bringing refreshments to our Sunday School class on Sunday, so I'm going to do some homemade cinnamon rolls. They are awesome. I got the recipe from Ree, the Pioneer Woman. Yeah, I call her Ree. We're close like that. Well, I've read her cookbook. That makes us close, right? Yes...No? No. Ok moving on. Here's a link to her recipe.

I think I'm going to make some homemade butter after that.

That's right, the next Julia Child coming through!

Well, I don't know if she made homemade butter, but I'm sure she thought about. If she didn't I know Paula Deen would love me for it! :)

And the good part about the butter? No churn needed! Watch out! So I'll post about that after I make some. I'm so excited! And after my baking and butter making. I may sit back and not do a darn thing. I don't mind. After all, what are weekends for? Have  a great weekend!


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love, leave a comment!